1.The bears are BACK! In its second and final year, the “Give Thanks, Give a Bear” fundraiser enables the public to sponsor one – or an entire unit – of limited-edition bears wearing UCF nursing scrubs. The bears will be delivered to children in Central Florida-area hospitals the week following Thanksgiving.
Sponsoring a bear starts at $50. All funds raised from the campaign help fund priority areas within the College of Nursing, including student scholarships, faculty research and medical mission trips
2. It’s officially Homecoming week! If you’re hoping to take part in Comedy or Concert Knight, you can find details and ticket information on the UCF Homecoming website.
3. Good news for fans of Spirit Splash: it will be streamed LIVE on Friday! Rumor has it that a certain UCF President might find his way into the pond this year, so you don’t want to miss out! Details on watching LIVE will be available soon – stay tuned.
4. If you’re headed back to campus to watch our Knights take on Navy this Saturday, join us for our Indoor Tailgate ahead of the game! The Indoor Tailgate opens at 9 a.m. and will close at 11 a.m. to give fans enough time to make it to Spectrum Stadium for the Noon kickoff. You know the drill: food, drinks, kids’ room, a DJ and tons of fun. Hope to see you there!
Can’t make it? Then find a UCF Watch Party near you to watch the game and cheer on our Knights to a Homecoming victory!
5. Speaking of Indoor Tailgates, if you joined us for the UCF vs. Temple Indoor Tailgate last Thursday, check out the tailgate photos and game gallery on the UCF Alumni website!
Happy Homecoming, Knights. Charge On!
- To echo Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer and UCF, our thoughts are with those in Las Vegas today.
2. UCF Athletics handed it to Memphis this weekend. Volleyball started things off Friday with a 3-2 win over the Tigers on the road. Football rolled to a 40-13 trouncing in Saturday’s conference opener to improve to 3-0 on the season. Then, Morgan Ferrara netted a hat trick to lift the No. 13 women’s soccer team to a 5-0 win over Tigers on Sunday. Charge On!
3. The UCF football returned to the national rankings at No. 25 on Sunday, joining the No. 13 women’s soccer team among UCF programs who are currently being recognized among the best in the nation. In honor of the Knights’ ranking, UCF Athletics is offering a special, limited time deal of $25 tickets for their Homecoming matchup against East Carolina. The deal lasts until 6 p.m. Monday, Oct. 2. Buy your tickets here.
Speaking of Homecoming, check out the lineup of events taking place from Oct. 9-14, highlighted by ChargeOn: Beyond the Sport.
4. Limbitless Solutions had its grand opening Saturday of its new location on campus in Knights Plaza. This video will warm your heart when you see four of the recipients help in the ribbon cutting ceremony:
5. In response to the ongoing crisis in Puerto Rico, UCF will allow students who are residents of Puerto Rico, and are displaced from their homes, to qualify for in-state tuition. “This is a compassionate way to help our students, and I fully support it,” UCF President John C. Hitt said.