1. If you missed it, the UCF Board of Trustees named Dale Whittaker, PhD, the university’s president-elect Friday after a nationwide search. Whittaker, who currently serves as UCF’s provost and executive vice president, would become president July 1 if his selection is confirmed later this month by the Florida Board of Governors. He would replace John C. Hitt, who is retiring from the presidency on June 30.
2. UCF has announced ticket details for the 2018 UCF Spring Game presented by Dex Imaging on April 21. To sum up, the game is basically free to attend. If you are interested in checking out the premium seating areas (Tower Club, Stadium Club, Carl Black & Gold Cabana) and are not already a premium season ticket holder, you have the option to purchase tickets in those sections. Full ticket details can be found at ucfknights.com, and don’t forget, the UCF FAIRWINDS Alumni Center is hosting its first-ever Spring Game Indoor Tailgate from 3-5 p.m.
3. The Space Coast UCF Alumni Chapter is accepting nominations for its annual Notable Knight Award. Established in 2012, the honor is presented to a Knight who best exemplifies a heart for volunteering and giving back to the Space Coast community. You can learn more about nomination criteria and submit your pick by visiting ucfalumni.com/sknomination.
4. Shout out to UCF College of Business Administration alumnus Jesse Wolfe ’15, whose company O’Dang Hummus just scored a new deal with Walmart. His hummus salad dressings, featuring flavors Ranch, Buffalo Ranch, Honey Mustard, Caesar, Roasted Red Pepper and Greek Tzatziki, will be placed in 2,000 of Walmart’s stores. You might remember Wolfe and his company from ABC’s Shark Tank. Read more about this new partnership in the Orlando Sentinel.
5. The UCF baseball team will look to extend its 12-game win streak this week with five home games on the docket. The Knights are coming off back-to-back victories over the No. 1 Florida Gators and a weekend sweep of Siena. Get yourself to John Euliano Park!