1. If you’re on the edge of your seat awaiting the news of this year’s football recruiting class, an official signing day party will be held at the UCF FAIRWINDS Alumni Center on National Signing Day this Wednesday from 6-8 p.m. It’s free, but you must RSVP to attend. #RiseandConquer
2. “He’s my best friend and he’s always got my back, but he would also lay down his life for me and other officers.” Those words are by UCF Police Department’s Matt Scott ’07 ’11MS, who was featured in the Orlando Sentinel along his partner Justice late last week. It’s worth the read.
3. How about a little love for Lake Claire. One of UCF’s founding families was recently recognized in a special ceremony that unveiled the recreation area has been renamed the William E. Davis and Mary Jo Davis Recreation Area at Lake Claire.
4. Some big news came out of UCF Athletics regarding investment in a nutrition program and upgraded facilities. Gift commitments have surpassed the $2 million mark in fund-raising for expansion of the football operations center and construction of a headquarters for the UCF athletics department. That news dropped just two days after it was announced that Bob Garvy made a $1 million gift commitment to fund the creation of the Garvy Center for Student-Athlete Nutrition, pending Board of Trustees approval.
5. Don’t forget, UCF is hosting a career expo for students and alumni Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in CFE Arena. Professional attire is required and up-to-date resumes are strongly recommended. Learn more about the expo, including a list of participating employers, by clicking here.