1. Feeling Lucky? Knight’s Pantry is! They’ve been selected to compete in the Bags for Change contest at Lucky’s Market Orlando. If they win, it means more resources for Knights in Need. Help them win: like the Knights Pantry at UCF comment in the comments section of the Lucky’s Market Facebook post by July 31 to cast your vote.
2. The City of Orlando unveiled its new flag Monday, and the winner is a design by UCF alumnus Tim Eggert. Eggert graduated with honors in 2002 with a bachelor’s degree in art. The new flag, which was selected from more than 1,000 submissions, will be raised on July 31 to celebrate the city’s 142nd birthday.
3. UCF alumnus Sam Borkson ’01 will debut an animated video series that blends art and technology on Netflix in August. Check out more about Borkson’s series, True and the Rainbow Kingdom, and his installations across North America, Asia and Europe in Pegasus Magazine.
4. The UCF Board of Trustees unanimously voted last week to accept the updated contract of the on-campus hotel. The unnamed hotel will consist of 179 rooms, a full-service restaurant, 10,000 square feet of conference and banquet facilities, and a 4,500-square-foot entertainment area.
5. As UCF gears up for football season, pencil in some save the date opportunities for unique opportunities to interact and hear from the Knights:
>Fantasy Camps: Aug. 6-8 | Aug. 10-12
>Kickoff Luncheon with special guest, Hall of Famer Tom Osbourne: Aug. 18
>Fan Fest: Aug. 19
BONUS: We’re feeling very proud of UCF alumnus Matt Williams ’16, who signed a contract with the Miami HEAT on Monday after a stellar campaign during NBA Summer League games. The Orlando native is one of UCF’s most decorated men’s basketball student-athletes.