1. The American Athletic Conference released game times and television partners for three of the UCF football team’s 2018 matchups. The season opener at UConn on Aug. 30 will kick off at 7 p.m. ET on ESPNU. UCF hosts FAU in a Friday night contest on Sept. 21, which is set to begin at 7 p.m. on ESPN. UCF’s Nov. 1 home game with Temple is slated to get under way at 7:30 p.m. on ESPN.
2. UCF alumni are encouraged to help usher in the next generation of Knights at Freshman Welcome events this week in Tampa Bay (June 6) and Southwest Florida (June 7). Enjoy complimentary hors d’ourves, beverages and UCF-themed giveaways as we induct local high school seniors and their families into the UCF family.
3. The founder of uBreakiFix, Justin Wetherill ’07, is part of the UCF Alumni family. Hear how the UCF College of Business Administration helped Wetherill start and grow his business for the past decade.
4. Orange County is opening a new fire station today that is expected to improve emergency responses in an area that includes UCF. The new station is located at 10679 University Blvd.
5. Word on the street is that USF Athletic Director Mark Harlan has accepted the same position at Utah. We can neither confirm nor deny that losing the War on I4 rivalry trophy to UCF in back-to-back seasons played a part in his decision to leave Tampa, but we wish him well in his new endeavors.
1. Congrats to the UCF baseball team and first-year head coach Greg Lovelady who hit it out of the park over the weekend with their series win over nationally ranked USF for the Knights’ first conference championship since 2004. UCF clinched the No. 1 seed in the American Athletic Conference Tournament in Clearwater and will face East Carolina on Tuesday at 7 p.m. on CBS Sports Network. For complete championship information, including how to buy tickets — we’re looking at you Tampa Knights – please visit theamerican.org.
2. If you know a young alumnus or young alumna doing great work, we want to hear about it! Nominations for UCF Alumni’s 30 Under 30 are now open until May 28. FYI, those nominated must be age 30 or under on June 30, 2017, and self-nominations are not considered.
3. Just when you thought graduation was over… we bring you the graduating class of the College of Medicine! Congrats to the 113 M.D. students who received their degrees over the weekend, including this former Broadway actor.
4. UCF Alumni is hosting several Freshman Welcome events around the state in June and alumni are welcome to attend to support our newest Knights! These free events with light hors d’ouvres and beverages are a great opportunity to share your black and gold bond with the next generation. Check for events in your area:
*Southwest Florida – June 3, 2-4 p.m.
*Jacksonville – June 4, 1-3 p.m.
*Southeast Florida – June 8, 6-8 p.m.
*Tampa — June 28, 6-8 p.m.