1.Unless you’ve been off the grid for the past 72 hours, you’ve heard that ESPN’s iconic college football preview show, ESPN College GameDay, will make its first-ever appearance at UCF this Saturday. We are PUMPED!
The ESPN College GameDay set will be positioned in the southeast corner of Memory Mall, as identified in the photo below. For details on all things GameDay, follow along with UCF Knights on Twitter for the latest news and updates.
⚔️Your @UCF_Football vs. Cincinnati GAMEDAY TIMELINE is here⚔️
• #UCFansWear is ▪️◼️black◼️▪️
— UCF Knights (@UCFKnights) November 13, 2018
Speaking of Saturday, our Knights kick off against Cincinnati at 8 p.m. in front of a SOLD OUT crowd at Spectrum Stadium! If you can’t be there for this prime-time matchup, the game will be aired on ABC, so find a UCF Watch Party near you.
2. In other football related news, two of our favorite #BuiltByUCF Seahawks got some love this weekend on 60 Minutes. On Sunday night, CBS aired a feature on Shaquill and Shaquem Griffin‘s childhood pact to succeed together, all the way to the NFL. Spoiler alert: they made it, against all odds.
3. Last week, thirteen UCF alumni were honored at the Orlando Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 Awards. OBJ’s 40 Under 40 is an annual celebration that recognizes successful professionals who have created a big impact within their industry and in the local community. You have to check out this stellar slate of alumni who are making an impact in Orlando. Congratulations, Knights!
4. This holiday season, Give Thanks, Give A Bear! The UCF College of Nursing’s “Give A Bear” campaign offers the opportunity to sponsor pandas in custom UCF scrubs that will be distributed to children in local hospitals during the week following Thanksgiving. All funds raised from the campaign help fund priority areas within the College of Nursing, including student scholarships, faculty research and medical mission trips.
5. We’ve had a really fun season of Indoor Tailgates so far, and are looking forward to our next one this Saturday from 5-7 p.m. at the UCF FAIRWINDS Alumni Center! Did you make it to last week’s tailgate? Find photos from the event in our online photo gallery.