- It started with spark in Orlando, but on Friday, Oct. 28, we’re taking IGNITE: The Campaign for UCF on the road. Our first stop? HOUSTON – and just in time for the UCF vs. Houston Football game. AlumKnights and friends of UCF are invited to join us for a special conversation with President Hitt. To learn more info on how you can be there for the start of the next great chapter in UCF’s history, click here.
- Knightro turned 22 on Oct. 18 and partied with a cute pup. It was awesome.
— Knightro (@UCF_Knightro) October 18, 2016
RT to melt the hearts of your followers 😊
— UCF Knights (@UCFKnights) October 21, 2016
This pupper only wanted me for the birthday cupcakes and I’m perfectly ok with that
12/10 would party with again pic.twitter.com/Qk78LQLb9z
— Knightro (@UCF_Knightro) October 22, 2016
3. Three cheers for UCF Athletics, who had a BIG weekend. Before Football stole another road conference win, this time at UConn, linebacker Shaquem Griffin was featured on ESPN’s College GameDay.
— UCF Football (@UCF_Football) October 22, 2016
Men’s Soccer also tamed the Huskies, who were ranked 24th in the nation, with a 2-1 win in overtime Saturday. The drama continued into Sunday when women’s soccer pulled out a double-overtime win on Senior Day over East Carolina. #ChargeOn
4. Knights Wake, UCF’s club wakeboarding team, recently won its third national championship in four years. Even sweeter…they did it by defeating USF at Quest ATX Cable Park in Austin, Texas. This is the third time this year the UCF Recreation and Wellness Center is celebrating a club team national championship. UCF has now won 14 club national championships since 2004. Charge On!
5. The fall issue of Pegasus is out today! Check out this story on alumna Cyndia Morales Muñiz ’13EdD, which is featured in the magazine. And if you’re looking for even more reading material on your lunch break this week, we’ve got you covered:
• The first scholarship from the Steven Sotloff Memorial Fund was given to journalism senior Adam Manno, who wants to shed light on important stories “like Steven did.”
• A love of chemistry bonded a two-time alumna and the recipient of her scholarship at the pair’s first meeting.