1. Over the weekend, more than 8,300 students graduated from UCF. These new members of the alumni family showed off their creativity, sense of humor and momentum toward future aspirations with their grad caps. Check out some of the best here!
Also, hey new grads. Welcome to the alumni side of UCF! Don’t forget to update your UCF app with your new title and to get acclimated with all things alumni.
2. Gladys Jose ’12 knows the exact length it is from Will Smith’s name to her own on the cover of the new children’s book, Fresh Princess. She also knows that her name being on the cover of anything involving Will Smith is a pretty phenomenal thing.
3. The ChargeOn Tour begins this week! Check dates and locations to see when are where you can meet Danny White, some of our incredible coaches and fellow Knights. Spend the night getting hyped on UCF athletics, ‘cause there’s a lot to be hyped on.
4. The successful flight of Blue Origin’s New Shepard rocket last week from west Texas carried multiple research payloads, including one from the UCF. It marks the fourth flight into space for the university in the past year.
One special guest flew aboard the flight today – a small plush Citronaut, affectionately referred to as Dave. The Citronaut, which is a blend of an orange and an astronaut, is UCF’s retro, unofficial first mascot from when UCF was known as Florida Technological University. He’s become a beloved throwback figure among the Knight Nation… Read more here.
5. For now we can only hope that some day this adorable story about an alumna rediscovering her preschool sweetheart after 12 years and falling in love with him will become a romantic comedy starring the next Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling. Until then, read all about here on People.