1. As if being a Knight and a Disney employee wasn’t already a pretty great gig, the deal got sweetened when Disney and UCF announced that they will be offering free tuition for cast members. The interim president for UCF, Thad Seymour Jr., says, “Many of our students already are Disney employees who will immediately benefit, and this program has the potential to change lives in our community for generations.” Read the whole story here.
2. Despite her two-decade career with the Orange County Sheriff’s Office, Holly Bryan ’99 ’05MS initially never wanted to serve as a police officer. “I wanted to be a nurse or a vet, something medical,” says the nursing alumna as I sit across from her in her full police garb. “But I needed a job while I was waiting to get into nursing school, so I went to the police academy and here I am.”
3. The 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup will host a record number of past and present UCF student-athletes representing their countries. These four Knights are helping to mark a major milestone for UCF and the women’s soccer program. Read more here.
4. This past Saturday was the official start of Hurricane Season and we want to help you help yourself in all the preparation needed. UCF Today asked Associate Professor Christopher Emrich, an expert in hazard science, social vulnerability, disaster recovery and community resiliency, some of the do’s and don’t’s to get ready for the 2019 Hurricane Season.
5. In better upcoming-season news, college football season is up ahead and the kickoff times and television plans for the 2019 season were announced late last week. Mark these days on your calendars now and get ready for an incredible season of UCF football!