1. A banner fundraising year brings UCF’s IGNITE campaign total to $400 million. Generous support for scholarships and faculty paired with enthusiasm for Knights’ performance on the field pushed the UCF Foundation to its best fundraising year since 2011.
2. UCF alumni Ajay Karakoti ’10PhD and Satyanarayana Kuchibhatla ’08PhD are in the process of developing a self-heating blanket that will protect infants from hypothermia in low- and middle-income regions, increasing their chances of survival. The blanket is ecofriendly, made of nontoxic materials and heats independent of any outside source.
3. The UCF College of Arts and Humanities Alumni Chapter invites all UCF alumni, students, faculty and staff to submit work for selection in the 10th Annual Eclectic Knights event at the Orlando Museum of Art on Thursday, Sept. 6, 2018. This Knight of Art will feature work in a variety of mediums by alumni, students, faculty and staff. The deadline for entry is Sunday, Aug. 12 at 4 p.m. and the entry fee is $25.
4. UCF FanFest has been announced for Saturday, Aug. 18 at 6:30 p.m.! Fans of all ages will have the chance to meet the 2018 UCF Football team and get pictures and autographs with your favorite Knights!
5. Our UCF Chapters and Clubs across the country are gearing up for another great year. From kickoff events to beach days to summer social hours, it’s never been easier (or more fun!) to get involved with a UCF Alumni Chapter or Club event near you.