1. On Saturday, the 30 members of the 2019 30 Under 30 class were honored at the Mortgridge International Reading Center on campus. As chair of the Alumni Board, Dan Ward, said during the awards reception, “our young alumni are impressive in so many ways; they are committed to success in every area of their life, they are champions for what they believe and they are passionate about helping others. And they are just getting started. These accomplished individuals have wasted no time in becoming active members of their communities as volunteers, mentors and generous donors.”
For pictures from the event and details on the 30 winners, head here.
2. UCF Celebrates the Arts came to a close this weekend. The event, which is a 10-day festival showcasing the creativity, innovation and collaboration across the university, returned to Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts and featured more than 30 events and exhibits. The culmination of these 30+ events was a stunning display of the talent in and passion for the arts that UCF students, alumni and friends possess. Pictures are available here.
3. The sixth annual UCF Alumni All-Class Nursing Reunion was Saturday night and provided all nursing alumni the chance to gather together, share a meal and tour the facility. If you were in attendance and want to find your picture, or if you weren’t there but just want to see some snapshots of Knight nurses having a good time, we’ve got you covered.
4. It’s almost finals season around campus, which means students are doing all the late-night stints in the library that you likely remember from your days on campus. Karen Hoffman, the director of UCF’s Counseling and Psychological Services, shared some tips for students on how to reduce their stress levels, but we figured stress doesn’t stop on the graduation stage and alumni might just benefit too. Take a break (it’s OK, we know you’re stressed, it’ll be a quick read) to peruse the list and start implementing away.
5. Speaking of students, spring commencement is right around the corner and the UCF Alumni family is about to get a little bigger. For details on the ceremonies, head here. If just thinking about the worries that get all stirred up this time of semester is making your palms a little sweaty, consider becoming a mentor and helping out those who are about to be catapulted into the working world.