Some exciting news…
We surpassed our 3,000 #GiveToUCF donor goal on UCF Day of Giving!
We couldn't have done it without YOU. Thank you for believing in UCF and supporting what you love 💖 pic.twitter.com/HJHoKsCZl9
— UCF Alumni (@UCFALUMNI) March 29, 2019
1. Knight Nation pulled together and did something really big last Thursday. On UCF Day of Giving, 3,057 donors — a group of students, alumni, parents, faculty and friends of UCF — contributed a total of $291,072 toward the university. They contributed toward the first-generation student whose success will change the trajectory of her family’s future, toward the innovative and life-saving research happening on campus through programs like UCF Restores, and toward the countless aspiring musicians, star athletes, and future world-leaders who are being built by UCF. Thanks for that. Oh and here’s a cool fact, the top four class years for number of donors were 2021, 2019, 2020 and 2022. We’ve got some pretty phenomenal soon-to-be-alumni coming our way. Thank you for believing in UCF and supporting what you love.
2. The most recent issue of Pegasus magazine is out now! Keep an eye on your mailbox for your copy or if you literally cannot handle another moment of suspense after that last play of our basketball matchup with Duke, we completely understand and here’s the web version.
3. UCF Celebrates the Arts kicks off this weekend! If you haven’t had a chance to yet, check out the schedule of events and figure out which guaranteed-to-be-awe-inspiring-displays-of-creativity-and-talent you want to be a part of. Whether you’re an art enthusiast or not so much, this annual event is a great excuse to plan a weekend excursion away from your Netflix account, to get some culture in your system and to support your alma mater all at the same time.
4. On March 28, the Florida Board of Governors confirmed Thad Seymour Jr. as the university’s interim president. Over the past several weeks, Dr. Seymour has provided stability and leadership for the university. He says, “Everyone I talk with is committed to making this a better place. And that’s why I am so optimistic about UCF’s future. We have some hard work ahead of us. But I know we will do it together. If my years in business taught me anything, it’s to use each challenge as an opportunity to be better, stronger and more effective than you were before.” To read Dr. Seymour’s priorities for UCF, head here.
5. One of the really rad things about UCF Day of Giving, besides that thing where 3,057 donors gave to UCF, was seeing the support we have across the country. Knights are spread far and wide and even those of you at a great distance from 4000 Central Florida Blvd. stepped up and gave big. If you are looking for a chance to meet other UCF alumni in your area, be a part of our regional alumni chapters and clubs. These groups gather all over the country to sport their black-and-gold, support UCF and make connections with fellow Knights.