1. Last month, UCF art grad Forrest Lawson’18 bested more than 400 artists for top honors and a $50,000 award at a regional competition for his piece 6/12/2016, a sculpture he created to memorialize the Pulse tragedy, honor its victims and communicate the emotions and responses the shooting awakened across communities.
Read more about Forrest and his art here.
2. Limbitless Solutions, a UCF-alumni-led nonprofit you may have heard of when Iron Man himself got in the game, has been at work on Project Xavier. The team has designed a wheelchair that uses electromyography sensors, placed on the patient’s temporalis muscles, to control a power wheelchair or vehicle. When the user clenches his or her jaw in various ways, the wheelchair will respond by moving forward, backward, left or right.
3. Nike’s inspiring Dream Further commercial that captured hearts worldwide ahead of the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup starts with a simple phrase: “Hey, you ready?”An advertising/public relations and radio/television double major and former women’s soccer player, Katie McCain ’07 has been ready for this particular moment in her career — as lead producer behind the ad — since she was a child. Read more here.
4. The best kind of good times are good times with fellow Knights. From Summer Kickoffs to baseball games and every Habitat for Humanity event in between, our alumni know how to have a good time. Keep up with our events page to make sure you don’t miss out on the fun and also sorry if you’re prone to FOMO and we just really kicked it into high gear.
5. We know UCF grads are prone to success and accomplishments, so tell us about yours. Submit a Class Note for consideration in an upcoming issue of Pegasus right here. We want to celebrate your career win, your wedding, your birth, your published book, your retirement…all of it! Knights are about cheering on Knights. Also, hey, even if you got a new address recently, let us know. We won’t put it in print for everyone to see, but we will make sure all your future mail (from us; that’s all we have control over) gets to the right place.