Seriously, this is BIG! Tim Eggert ’02, alumnus of the Burnett Honors College and UCF College of Arts and Humanties, took his painting skills to the Orlando BIG Chair and turned it into a throne fit for Knight Nation. If his name sounds familiar, you might recognize Tim’s recent work as the designer for the new City of Orlando flag.
2. Following the Knights just got a whole lot easier, thanks to a newly-updated mobile app! Download it now to stay up to date with all things UCF Athletics.
3. How has your life changed since graduation? Show us, and you could win some sweet prizes! Enter our #KnightsThenVsNow contest on Instagram by this Friday – just make sure you check out the official rules for entry first!
4. We’re excited to share that UCF President Dale Whittaker will join us for the UCF ChargeOn Tailgate at UNC! Tailgate festivities will feature special appearances by UCF fan favorites, a catered breakfast buffet, three drink tickets per adult, a retractable stadium banner and a spirit sticker. Register now.
5. Speaking of our fearless leader, our UCF Alumni family wishes a very happy birthday to President Whittaker. May it be another great year of transforming lives and livelihoods.
We’re headed to Chapel Hill this fall! UCF fans of all ages are invited to join us for the UCF ChargeOn Tailgate ahead of the UCF vs. UNC game. Tailgate admission includes a breakfast buffet, drinks, a retractable stadium banner and a spirit sticker. To register for the tailgate, learn more about the event and get parking/transportation details, visit ucfalumni.com/ChargeOnTailgate.
3. More effort after a grueling practice? No thanks! Coach Heupel had a big surprise for the UCF Football team: a slip and slide, courtesy of the fire department. You’ve got to see this one for yourself!
4. Speaking of football, where are you watching the season opener against UConn? Hopefully, in the company of fellow Knights at a UCF watch party near you: www.ucfalumni.com/watchparties.
5. The fall semester is around the corner, and this year, UCF will celebrate its 50th anniversary of the first day of classes, so we want to hear from you! Alumni of all ages are encouraged to share throwback photos from their own first day as Knights. Photos and memories collected will be considered for use on UCF’s official social media platforms and news site, UCF Today. Please submit your photo by Aug. 15.
1. Six UCF students were awarded Fulbright scholarships to participate in international exchange programs that strengthen international partnerships and address mutual goals for global concerns. The Fulbright U.S. Student Program awards around 1,900 grants each year for students to study in more than 140 countries worldwide.
2. After an incredible undefeated season, reigning American Athletic Conference champion UCF Football has been selected to repeat as the league’s No. 1 team in The American’s 2018 preseason media poll. In our totally unbiased opinion, we completely agree!
3. UCF basketball fans, rejoice! Our hoops head coaches have signed extensions to stay with the Knights for a while longer, with Coach Abe at the helm of the women’s team until the 2022-23 season, and Coach Dawkins leading the men’s team through the 2023-24 season.
4. This weekend, our UCF alumni family will grow by just a few thousand more grads. If you can’t attend commencement in person, tune in for the livestream on the official University of Central Florida YouTube channel.
5. Speaking of grads, we know that many of you venture outside of Orlando after crossing the stage. Don’t let distance keep you away from your black and gold roots! Join a local UCF alumni chapter or club in your area.
1. A banner fundraising year brings UCF’s IGNITE campaign total to $400 million. Generous support for scholarships and faculty paired with enthusiasm for Knights’ performance on the field pushed the UCF Foundation to its best fundraising year since 2011.
2. UCF alumni Ajay Karakoti ’10PhD and Satyanarayana Kuchibhatla ’08PhD are in the process of developing a self-heating blanket that will protect infants from hypothermia in low- and middle-income regions, increasing their chances of survival. The blanket is ecofriendly, made of nontoxic materials and heats independent of any outside source.
3. The UCF College of Arts and Humanities Alumni Chapter invites all UCF alumni, students, faculty and staff to submit work for selection in the 10th Annual Eclectic Knights event at the Orlando Museum of Art on Thursday, Sept. 6, 2018. This Knight of Art will feature work in a variety of mediums by alumni, students, faculty and staff. The deadline for entry is Sunday, Aug. 12 at 4 p.m. and the entry fee is $25.
4. UCF FanFest has been announced for Saturday, Aug. 18 at 6:30 p.m.! Fans of all ages will have the chance to meet the 2018 UCF Football team and get pictures and autographs with your favorite Knights!
5. Our UCF Chapters and Clubs across the country are gearing up for another great year. From kickoff events to beach days to summer social hours, it’s never been easier (or more fun!) to get involved with a UCF Alumni Chapter or Club event near you.